Water Research and Innovations in a Digital Era – Virtual Conference
LOCAL ORGANIZER: RIGA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, LATVIAN WATER AND WASTEWATER WORKS ASSOCIATION, MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT REPUBLIC OF LATVIA
In 2021 IWA organizes the12th Eastern European IWA YWP Conference for Young Water Professionals, this conference will be our first virtual conference. Due to the pandemic the travel to Riga is not possible as it was previously planned. It would be nice to meet you in person, but unfortunately in 2021 it will not be possible. So lets meet online and try to do best out of it. And after all, virtual events offer many advantages. For this conference, with a title Water Research and Innovations in Digital Era – VIRTUAL IWA has prepared the following program:
• The event will start with several virtual workshops, which will take place on 31.03.2020
• Two following days will be dedicated to scientific presentations. All oral presentations will be recorded by authors in advance and posted on our website. Only registered participants will get access to these presentations.
• Also, this year more opportunities for YWPs who would like to prepare an oral presentation will be given. The plan is for several parallel sessions which will run at the same time.
• During the session authors will just give a short overview of the presentation/research and use the session time for questions and discussions.
• In 2021, anyone will have only 10 min presentations, no posters this year.
• An interactive social program will take place which will be part during the conference days: digital coffee chats, round tables, quiz, and more. “During the last 10 years we became an IWA family…”, this comment I have heard so many times during our last conferences. So let’s keep together despite all odds… Use this chance to join our international network of young water professionals.
- Innovations in water/wastewater treatment
- Innovative sampling and monitoring strategies
- Overcoming inappropriate influent C:N:P ratios through cost-effective wastewater treatment technologies
- Adaptation specialties of technologies successfully applied in other regions
- Specialties of industrial wastewater treatment
- Pharmaceutical wastewater treatment
- Mathematical modelling, simulation studies
- Issues and challenges in water loss management
- Energy efficiency
- Impacts of climate change
- Lake ecosystems
- Flood hazard and risk
- Otherwater related topics
|Prof. Juhna T.||Riga Technical University||Latvia|
|Prof. Jobbágy A.||Budapest University of Technology & Economic||Hungary|
|Prof. Wanner J.||University of Chemistry and Technology||Czech Republic
|Mr. Förster G.||Metito China Holdings||China|
|Dr. Vasyukova E.||WTE||Germany|
|Prof. Mąkinia J.||Gdańsk University of Technology||Poland|
|Dr. Wójtowicz P.||Savonia University of Applied Sciences||Finland|
|Dr. Szlachta M.||Wrocław University of Science and Technology||Poland|
|Dr. Bakos V.||Budapest University of Technology and Economics||Hungary|
|Dr. Novytska O.||National University of Water Management & Nature Resources Use||Ukraine|
|Dr. Rudic Z.||Institute for the Development of Water Resources “Jaroslav Cerni”||Serbia|
|Dr. Çelebi A.||Sakarya University||Turkey|
|Dr. Drewnowski J.||Gdańsk University of Technology||Poland|
|Dr. Langone M.||University of Trento||Italy|
|Dr. Srb M.||Pražské vodovody a kanalizace, a.s.||Czech Republic
|Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mezule L.||Riga Technical University||Latvia|
|Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tihomirova K.||Riga Technical University||Latvia|
|Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rubulis J.||Riga Technical University||Latvia|